Responsible for processing accurate and timely payroll functions, as well as other Accounts payable and purchasing needs as required. Responsible for compiling payroll information by managing payroll preparation; completing reports; and maintaining accurate records.
Apply for This Position
Founded in 2004, we are a family-owned company that provides marketing services that help business professionals close more deals and retain more business. ReminderMedia has been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies by Inc. 5000 and Philadelphia 100 and selected by philly.com as a top 10 place to work. Our vision is to create a world where business owners and sales professionals never worry about who to contact, how to contact them, or when to contact them. We envision creating a world where these professionals can spend more time with their friends and family and less time worrying about their marketing. We envision creating the tools and services that seamlessly connect to help business professionals generate, acquire, nurture, and retain the relationships that matter most to their success. We carry out this vision through the products and services that we provide to our clients, empowering them to close more deals and retain more business.
Staffing Accountant Responsibilities
The Staff Accountant will process accurate and timely payroll functions, as well as other accounts payable and purchasing needs. This role will be responsible for compiling payroll information by managing payroll preparation, completing reports, and maintaining accurate records.
- Processing of bi-weekly payroll and 401(k) plan administration tasks;
- Review of timecards or other records of employees’ hours for accuracy, and verifies attendance and hours worked, while consulting employees or managers to correct errors;
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data;
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers These reviews include but are not limited to changes to employees’ deductions for federal, state and local taxes; insurance premiums; and retirement plan contributions;
- Directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts via fully reviewed and accurate payroll ledgers submitted in third party processor’s system
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages;
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments;
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies;
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests;
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures;
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions;
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential;
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge;
- Answer payroll questions from employees and produce payroll reports when requested by managers;
- Year-end reviews of required W-2 and 1099 statements for accuracy;
- Reconciliation and recording of payroll journal entries.
Accounts Payable Tasks:
- Processing of all accounts payable transactions including vendor bills and credit card charges, ensuring the accuracy and authenticity of each bill and proper classification;
- Maintenance of Accounts Payable subledger and aging schedule;
- Production of weekly Accounts Payable check runs;
- Prepare month end supporting documentation;
- Assist in the month end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation;
- Responsible for daily purchases for the company;
- Assist in special projects as necessary;
- Perform other accounting and general office duties as required;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Review and process expense reports and credit card purchases;
- Process weekly check runs for all companies;
- Prepare weekly cash sheet for Sr Controller;
- Reconcile accounts payable to the general ledger;
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- Record cash receipts, checks and EFTs;
- Launch customer disputes and monitor dispute queue;
- Ad hoc projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Accounting
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365
DigitalGrapes, LLC doing business as ReminderMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements and will consider applicants able to perform essential job responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. Applicants requiring alternative methods of application or screening, should contact a member of ReminderMedia’s recruiting team directly.Please note that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. ReminderMedia management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organization needs as necessary. ReminderMedia is an equal opportunity employer.