Responsible for processing accurate and timely payroll functions, as well as other Accounts payable and purchasing needs as required. Responsible for compiling payroll information by managing payroll preparation; completing reports; and maintaining accurate records.
Apply for This Position
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Processing of bi-weekly payroll and 401(k) plan administration tasks.
- Review of time cards or other records of employees’ hours for accuracy, and verifies attendance and hours worked, while consulting employees or managers to correct errors.
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers. These reviews include but are not limited to changes to employees’ deductions for federal, state and local taxes; insurance premiums; and retirement plan contributions.
- Directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts via fully reviewed and accurate payroll ledgers submitted in third party processor’s system.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge.
- Answer payroll questions from employees and produce payroll reports when requested by managers.
- Year-end reviews of required W-2 and 1099 statements for accuracy.
- Reconciliation and recording of payroll journal entries.
Accounts Payable Tasks:
- Processing of all accounts payable transactions including vendor bills and credit card charges, ensuring the accuracy and authenticity of each bill and proper classification.
- Maintenance of Accounts Payable subledger and aging schedule.
- Production of weekly Accounts Payable check runs.
- Prepare month end supporting documentation.
- Assist in the month end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation
- Responsible for daily purchases for the company.
- Assist in special projects as necessary.
- Perform other accounting and general office duties as required.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Review and process expense reports and credit card purchases.
- Process weekly check runs for all companies.
- Prepare weekly cash sheet for Sr. Controller.
- Reconcile accounts payable to the general ledger.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Record cash receipts, checks and EFTs.
- Launch customer disputes and monitor dispute queue.
- Ad hoc projects as requested.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are several traits that a successful candidate will possess, including:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Accounting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.