The Software Development Manager is responsible for leading a small team of remote developers to be successful in building software. Projects are typically smaller units of larger software projects. The position is responsible for flushing out technical details, ensuring code quality through code reviews, unblocking developers who are stuck, training new developers, and ensuring accountability within the team.
Apply for This Position
The Software Development Manager is responsible for leading a small team of remote developers to be successful in building software. Projects are typically smaller units of larger software projects. The position is responsible for flushing out technical details, ensuring code quality through code reviews, unblocking developers who are stuck, training new developers, and ensuring accountability within the team. Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Work with other employees in a remote capacity while maintaining excellent communication.
- Work with project management and technology director to understand project goals.
- Work with our lead architect. Understand common patterns of technical implementation across all of our sub-projects. Understand and help define project boundaries and clear interfaces between projects.
- Work with other team leads to ensure the success of the project as a whole.
- Work with a team, typically of 2-6 contract or outsourced developers. Team members will overlap our working hours of 9AM-6PM EST at least a few hours each day. This team lead position is expected to be available during company working hours unless a project requires shifting hours.
- Break tasks down into smaller technical components that can be managed by individuals within the team. These tasks are usually at a granularity that allows for a ballpark time estimate that can be given back to project management.
- Ensure that each of the team members is building quality software at a reasonable pace. Work with developers who are stuck, explain tickets and goals of individual sub-components, perform code reviews, recommend changes to the team.
- Lay the foundation of a project that is then flushed out by a team.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salaried compensation plan commensurate to experience
- Full benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match and much more
- Standard weekly schedule with paid time off and paid holidays
- Equipment for temporary remote work – including laptop, webcam, headset and phone services – provided by the company
- 5+ years of working with PHP
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field preferred
- 1+ years being the go-to guy on a team, acknowledged by title or not
- 1+ years making architecture and technical decisions within a fairly complicated project
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Founded in 2004, we are a family-owned company that provides marketing services that empower business professionals in targeted industries to close more deals and retain more business. ReminderMedia has been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies by Inc. 5000 and Philadelphia 100 and selected by philly.com as a top 10 place to work. Our vision is to create a world where business owners and sales professionals never worry about who to contact, how to contact them, or when to contact them. We envision creating a world where these professionals can spend more time with their friends and family and less time worrying about their marketing. We envision creating the tools and services that seamlessly connect to help business professionals generate, acquire, nurture, and retain the relationships that matter most to their success. We carry out this vision through the products and services that we provide to our clients, empowering them to close more deals and retain more business.
Digital Grapes, LLC doing business as ReminderMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with background histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements and will consider applicants able to perform essential job responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. Applicants requiring alternative methods of application or screening, should contact a member of ReminderMedia’s recruiting team directly. Please note that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $110,000.00 per yearThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. ReminderMedia management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organization needs as necessary. ReminderMedia is an equal opportunity employer.