This role will assist our current DevOps engineer to automate and maintain computer systems for various environments such as production, qa, development. As we do not yet have a dedicated database admin, part of this position will be assisting with MySQL database administration.
Apply for This Position
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to work in a team environment giving and accepting both positive and negative feedback.
- Able to understand the business requirements be able to communicate them.
- Able to understand a complex project in enough detail to help other DevOps engineers and developers through issues.
- Able to understand priorities of tasks and distribute workload as necessary in Team Leads absence.
- Able to develop and maintain automation tools.
- Able to do other systems related tasks as required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are a number of traits that a successful candidate will possess.
- High School diploma or GED required. Degree in an Information Technology related field preferred.
Required Computer Skills
- Understanding of basic MySQL administrative tasks.
- CentOS and Ubuntu Linux Administration
- Understanding of at least one configuration tool: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Understanding of basic Linux shell commands.
- Able to perform version control using GIT
- Able to write complicated scripts in at least one of (but all 3 preferred): Python, Bash, or PHP.
Additional computer skills that will benefit the position
- Advanced MySQL admin tasks for a replication environment. Checking replication consistency etc.
- Understanding if MySQL InnoDB and related configuration parameters.
- Administration in a corporate environment that requires systems to be compliant with security policies.
- Windows Administration.
- Active Directory
- Elastic Search