Responsible for maintaining accurate and timely financial recordkeeping for the organization, including but not limited to Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll processes.
Apply for This Position
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for day to day accounting activities, daily cash reconciliations, processing of purchase orders and management of accounts payable.
- Assist in processing bi-weekly payroll and 401(k) plan administration tasks
- Updating and maintaining detailed fixed asset schedules as well as monthly depreciation charges
- Processing of all accounts payable transactions including vendor bills and credit card charges, ensuring the accuracy and authenticity of each bill and proper classification
- Prepare month end supporting documentation
- Assist in the month end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation
- Assist in producing accurate and timely financial statements
- Designing, documenting and administering accounting processes to generate credible financial data upon which financial decisions are based, ensuring that internal ‘controls’ and policies in financial reporting mechanisms prevent inaccuracies in accounting statements
- Preparing supporting information for financial forecasts
- Assist in designing, building and maintaining Flash and Dashboard reporting for executive management
- Preparing budget versus actual result reports and investigating and explaining material variances
- Recommends and implements policies and procedures relating to financial controls and business unit practices
- Responsible for daily purchases for the company.
- Assist in special projects as necessary
- Perform other accounting and general office duties as required
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are a number of traits that a successful candidate will possess.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- 3-6 years prior experience required.
- Mix of private company and public accounting experience required, CPA a plus
- Experience with Peachtree Sage 50 a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent knowledge in mathematics, financial matters and accounting.
- Excellence in analysis and observation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to organize and prioritize a busy workload.
- A friendly approach, while maintaining the utmost in confidentiality.
- A high level of maturity to effectively work with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Perform a high volume of work effectively without immediate supervision and meet strict, recurring deadlines.
ReminderMedia is committed to providing a safe workplace and promoting the health and safety of its co-workers. Workplace safety and managing the operation of our company in an environmentally responsible manner is the responsibility of each co-worker. All co-workers must comply with our environmental, health and safety policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. ReminderMedia management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organization needs as necessary. ReminderMedia is an equal opportunity employer.