We are looking to hire a Senior System Administrator—in the King of Prussia area—to join our team of IT professionals. Our Senior System Administrator will provide technical support to all company systems through familiarity with standard IT concepts, practices, and procedures. We offer a strong compensation and benefits package to the right candidate.
Apply for This Position
- Provide advanced Linux (RHEL, CentOS) troubleshooting and technical support to the engineering organizations.
- Install, maintain, and manage systems including server and network hardware, operating systems and applications which include Microsoft Exchange/Office 365, System Center, VMware, and others.
- Contribute to roadmaps by leveraging current and future technologies, and providing innovative and sustainable solutions to complex problems.
- Assist in day-to-day maintenance of the server infrastructure, including Linux/windows system builds, configuration & security management, patching, automation and system upgrades, and troubleshooting complex technical issues.
- Manage help tickets related to the server environment.
- Help maintain, monitor, produce, and analyze metrics for production systems to ensure optimal performance, resource utilization and up time.
- Propose, test, implement, and support new solutions
- Assist in on-call rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or another technical field, or additional years of directly applicable experience required.
- 8+ years of direct experience in the support of Linux (RHEL, CentOS).
- 5+ yeas of direct experience in the support Windows Environments.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and listening skills.
- 5+ Years managing a virtual environment (vMware Preferred).
- 5+ Years managing Firewalls and routers (Palo Alto preferred)
- Good documentation skills and habits; capable of training users, mentoring other system administrators in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to interact positively with management at all levels.
- Proficient in all aspects of Linux operating system administration including system installation, configuration management, high performance computing, security, package repositories, patching and installation of third-party software in very large environments (Apache, nginx, MariaDB etc.).
- Solid understanding of Linux-based operating systems including virtual memory management, kernel memory accounting, daemons, devices, device drivers, loadable modules, filesystem concepts and SELinux.
- Experience with Cisco and HP Switches/Routers a plus.
- Experience with event and system monitoring tools and methodologies (prtg, New Relic, etc.).
- Ability to write and support complex scripts and programs.
- Experience building and deploying Open Source tools.
- Understanding NFS, DNS, LDAP, Active Directory, DHCP, and other critical components of large Linux and Windows environments.
- Understanding of public/private cloud technologies (Google Cloud, Azure, AWS or others).
- Experience with large network attached storage (Nimble, NetApp or other) environments.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to commute to King of Prussia, PA daily. This is not a remote position, however there will be opportunities to work remotely
- Willing to learn and have fun.