We are looking for a proofreader to read copy and check to make sure there are no spelling, grammatical or typographical errors for the various pieces of marketing and content that we produce. You will be working with a fast-paced team of creatives on a variety of content. You’ll proof print work, web copy, graphic design, email copy, outdoor, social marketing, and a range of other services.
Apply for This Position
- Collaborate with designers, marketing managers and writers
- Correct grammatical, typographical or compositional errors in copy
- Manage and prioritize a high volume of work under tight deadlines
- Copyedit as needed to maintain clarity and consistency in tone
- Must be able to check, monitor and maintain brand consistency
- Provide content for style guides as needed to drive consistency across all materials
- Exceptional attention to detail, and ability to focus for long periods
- Proven ability to institutionalize error-free process
- Strong organizational skills with ability to successfully juggle and deliver multiple projects and proactively communicate status and issues
- Bachelor’s degree in English or related degree
- 2 years of experience in proofreading
- Familiarity with CMOS and AP
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, WordPress, and general computer knowledge
- Some knowledge of layout, design and typography
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and lift/move (up to 50 lbs). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. ReminderMedia management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organization needs as necessary. ReminderMedia is an equal opportunity employer.