Responsible for processing accurate and timely payroll functions, as well as other Accounts payable and purchasing needs as required. Responsible for compiling payroll information by managing payroll preparation; completing reports; and maintaining accurate records.
Apply for This Position
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Processing of bi-weekly payroll and 401(k) plan administration tasks
- Review of timecards or other records of employees’ hours for accuracy, and verifies attendance and hours worked, while consulting employees or managers to correct errors.
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers. These reviews include but are not limited to changes to employees’ deductions for federal, state and local taxes; insurance premiums; and retirement plan contributions.
- Directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts via fully reviewed and accurate payroll ledgers submitted in third party processor’s system.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge
- Answer payroll questions from employees and produce payroll reports when requested by managers
- Year-end reviews of required W-2 and 1099 statements for accuracy
- Reconciliation and recording of payroll journal entries
Accounts Payable Tasks:
- Processing of all accounts payable transactions including vendor bills and credit card charges, ensuring the accuracy and authenticity of each bill and proper classification
- Maintenance of Accounts Payable subledger and aging schedule
- Production of weekly Accounts Payable check runs
- Prepare month end supporting documentation
- Assist in the month end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation
- Responsible for daily purchases for the company.
- Assist in special projects as necessary
- Perform other accounting and general office duties as required
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are a number of traits that a successful candidate will possess.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting required
- 6 + years prior experience required
- Data Entry Management
- Financial Reporting Skills
- Compensation and Wage Structure Analysis
- Accounting experience with Peachtree Sage 50 a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent knowledge in mathematics, and financial matters
- Excellence in analysis and observation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to organize and prioritize a busy workload.
- A friendly approach, while maintaining the utmost in confidentiality.
- A high level of maturity to effectively work with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Perform a high volume of work effectively without immediate supervision and meet strict, recurring deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
|N (Not Applicable)||Activity is not applicable to this occupation.|
|O (Occasionally)||Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs./day)|
|F (Frequently)||Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs./day)|
|C (Constantly)||Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)|
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
ReminderMedia is committed to providing a safe workplace and promoting the health and safety of its co-workers. Workplace safety and managing the operation of our company in an environmentally responsible manner is the responsibility of each co-worker. All co-workers must comply with our environmental, health and safety policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.