We are currently looking for a Level 1 Help Desk Technician to join our team. This position provides first level customer support for ReminderMedia’s computer hardware and software and works with our internal customers to enable them to perform computer tasks quickly and efficiently.
Apply for This Position
- Serve as the initial point of contact for the department Helpdesk system and resolve or escalate department tickets as needed.
- Respond to telephone calls, email, and personal requests for technical support in a fast, friendly manner and have the ability to explain technical situations to non-technical individuals.
- Troubleshoot & support software applications, various hardware/software configurations and run appropriate testing & diagnostics.
- Install, maintain, and upgrade desktop computers and workstations.
- Assist in monitoring network resources to ensure network availability to all system users, and assist in supporting network availability. Troubleshoot problems reported by users and by automated network monitoring systems.
- Maintain proper department driven documentation.
- Work 40 hours in a typical week, but is on call for maintenance. Must be available for overnight shifts as some work cannot be performed during normal business hours.
- Available on call for network outages and emergencies (24×7) as required working with the Senior Systems Administrator to establish schedules.
- Participate in education programs as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Must be a strong team player and able to regularly communicate with co-workers and various department heads.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Professional and personable, and able to work as an individual or in a team setting.
- High attention to detail with the ability to independently evaluate and resolve technical issues, and highly self-motivated.
- Familiar with basic computer knowledge, networking, installation, upgrading and maintaining software and hardware.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Preferred Skills:
- Understanding of common network services and protocols (DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH)
- Familiarity with database technologies
- Experience with MacOS in a network setting