This position is the top leader for the department. The Director of IT, directs, plans, and manages all computer-related activities to assure the development and implementation of data processing, computer operations, and related functions. As a member of the executive management team, this position participates in planning corporate growth and coordinating the strategic plan with the development of information systems.
Apply for This Position
- Developing strategic plans identifying Information Technology applications supporting business plans or creating new strategic options to meet the Company’s needs.
- Determine both technical and business goals in consultation with other managers, and make detailed plans aimed at accomplishing these goals.
- Direct the work of subordinate Information Technology employees.
- Administering and controlling the information systems expense budget towards a cost-effective operation.
- Ensure the availability, continuity, and security of data and technology services in the organization.
- Evaluate the newest and most innovative technologies, and determine how these can help the organization.
- Plan and coordinate activities, such as installation and upgrading of hardware and software, programming and systems design, development of computer networks, and implementation of Internet and intranet sites.
- Analyze the computer and information needs of the organization from an operational and strategic perspective, and determine immediate and long-range personnel and equipment requirements.
- Creating, maintaining, and enforcing written policies and procedures regarding all computer operations in the Information Technology Department and throughout the company.
- Conduct educational programs and team meetings as required.
- May be given the task of temporarily filling another role in the IT Department as required by the current priorities of the company.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a related field.
- At least five years prior management experience in Information Technology is required.
- Experience with implementation of information technology integration in a large division/company required.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Computer skills must be advanced. Must have knowledge of information technology computer systems and software and the ability to manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Work directly with experts from other departments to create solutions.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Ability to motivate teams and to produce quality materials within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects.
What We Provide:
- Company Sponsored Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, and Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays
- 401(k) MATCH!!
- Fun environment!
- No corporate bureaucracy, YOU HAVE A VOICE!
- Free Snacks Daily!!
- Catered lunches and other fun events!
- Hands-on management to provide comprehensive training and professional development
- Advancement opportunities