This position is responsible to oversee the accounting operations of the organization, including but not limited to payroll, budget management, forecasts, and cash flow, maintenance of financial records, preparation of monthly and quarterly reports, financial analysis, cash management and ensuring appropriate internal controls. Oversees general Accounting, Accounts Receivable/Payable and Payroll and manages department staff.
Apply for This Position
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports for the VP of Finance and President by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Assure states’ sales and use tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all required tax returns, reconciliations and payment to respective taxing jurisdictions.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure that Accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Manage the preparation of bi-weekly payroll for personnel and administration of 401(k) plan contributions.
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual report.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors and for the annual audit
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are a number of traits that a successful candidate will possess.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible managerial accounting experience required.
- Two to three years of supervisory experience required
- CPA or CMA a plus
Computer Skills: none
|N (Not Applicable)||Activity is not applicable to this occupation.|
|O (Occasionally)||Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs./day)|
|F (Frequently)||Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs./day)|
|C (Constantly)||Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)|
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
ReminderMedia is committed to providing a safe workplace and promoting the health and safety of its co-workers. Workplace safety and managing the operation of our company in an environmentally responsible manner is the responsibility of each co-worker. All co-workers must comply with our environmental, health and safety policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. ReminderMedia management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organization needs as necessary. ReminderMedia is an equal opportunity employer.